Saturday, November 8, 2008

My mom sent me this in an e-mail. Be sure to watch the video...it about brought me to tears! It's amazing! and make sure you have your sound turned up, it adds to it a lot!

A son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?' The father who, despite having a heart condition, says 'Yes'. They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his son's request of going through the race together. One day, the son asked his father, 'Dad, let's join the Ironman together.'

To which, his father said 'Yes.'

For those who didn't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island .

Father and son went on to complete the race together.

4 comments:

crystal carlson said...

That was really cool! I've actually seen them before on Oprah, I think. Their story is so inspirational!

Naomi said...

Sorry it was actually this last weekend. But it was a crazy weekend. I did a jewelry party for my cousin and had a bridal shower. Tegan also was not sleeping very good while we were there so we were exhausted so we left earlier then we wanted to. Bu we may come up at a later time. I am going to see if I can do a party for Emillee so we don't have to pay for it again. Do you sell Scentsy? My cousin is up there and is looking to buy some stuff. Hey email me instead of replying on my blog it would be easier jolly_jollyrancher@hotmail.com

Naomi said...

Thanx so much for sharing that video! That is awesome!

Allison said...

That did bring me to tears!